Top 10 Paying IT Certifications in 2018
Getting an IT certification can greatly enhance your resume and help you get the skills and qualifications you need to launch or upgrade your career. It's also important, however, to choose the right certifications. You want to acquire the skills that employers value the most.
Check Out the 10 Top Paying IT Certifications of 2018
1. CGEIT - Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT. This certification proves that you're able to bring IT governance to the company you work for. It demonstrates that you have a comprehensive and holistic understanding of essential IT fields. This is an extremely valuable vendor-neutral certification for IT professionals.
2. AWS - Certified Solutions Architect. If you want to become Amazon Web Services certified, this is the path you'll want to take. This certification proves you're familiar with the AWS platform and able to build and manage extremely versatile AWS websites. As Amazon continues to grow, this certification will only get more valuable in the next few years.
3. PMP - Project Management Professional. There's an international demand for certified project managers. While people are hired as project managers without certification, PMP certification will help you command a higher salary and expand your career possibilities.
4. AWS - Certified Developer Associate. This is another AWS-related certification for which demand is quickly increasing. You'll become well acquainted with the cloud environment and Amazon's robust platform.
5. CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional. As cybersecurity is an ever more pressing concern for so many businesses, it's extremely valuable to be able to brand yourself as an expert in this field. CISSP, widely recognized as the premier certification for security professionals, is a major step in starting a successful career in cybersecurity.
6. CRISC - Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control. CRISC is a unique certification that prepares IT professionals to administer a company's entire information security system and handle all issues related to enterprise risk management. Risk professionals are highly sought in many industries and often work for large companies.
7. CISM - Certified Information Security Manager. CISM is a certification issued by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association. It provides a thorough background in issues relevant for information security managers who must understand security issues within the context of overall business goals.
8. Certified ScrumMaster. Scrum masters are experts at managing agile development teams. Drawing heavily on ideas and methods developed in Japan, this field revolves around "scrums," which are meetings that help team members define their goals and challenges. To become certified as a ScrumMaster, you must exhibit a comprehensive knowledge of scrum principles.
9. CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker. Ethical hackers are security professionals who test systems for weaknesses and flaws. They play a crucial role in cybersecurity by mimicking the behavior of malevolent hackers and showing companies where they need to make improvements in security.
10. Six Sigma Green Belt. Six Sigma is one of the most renowned certifications dedicated to lean management principles. As a Six Sigma Green Belt, you learn the finer points of efficiency, problem-solving, and team building that help companies reach their true potential. Candidates with this certification are valued by companies that want to improve in areas such as project management, data analysis and production processes.
These IT certifications can all help you propel your career to a new level. Depending on your interests and background, it's worthwhile to research these top paying IT certifications and find the one that's right for you.
Work with Cohesion to Find Qualified IT Professionals
Are you seeking qualified candidates with these or other IT certifications? Get in touch with our IT staffing and accounting recruiters. Kickoff your external recruiting process with Cohesion and we'll connect you with top talent in no time.
If you liked this blog article, you may also be interested in the following articles from Cohesion's staffing and recruiting experts:
- 4 Risks of Mobile Devices in the Workplace
- Top 7 Technologies on the Rise in 2018
- How Blockchain Technology Works
- Top 6 Non-Technical Interview Questions for IT
- 10 Onboarding Best Practices